1) Dedicate a Space: Whether your work area is a separate room, or within a room, create a dedicated workspace that allows you to focus and keep track of your daily tasks. Enjoy “shopping your home” for a piece that can double as a desk.
2) Use Task Lighting: Natural light is best, as most of us love to soak up the sun. But when the sun goes down, make sure that you have both an overhead and a specific task light. A task lamp will keep your eyes healthy and look great too!
3) Pick a Wall Board: Chalk, cork, or dry erase, whichever you choose, a board can help you stay on track. Post your child’s virtual learning schedule or a reminder to join a Zoom meditation session to keep things top of mind. A paper note is a terrific visual reminder to supplement your digital calendar.
4) Sit Right: You may not have the perfect ergonomic chair, but pillows and cushions can go a long way to enhancing your posture and ensuring your comfort.
5) Organize: Keep papers tidy by using a mail organizer, folders, or binders. At the end of each day, make sure you take a few minutes to file away papers and mail. You’ll love how you feel starting your day at an inviting desk!
6) Make it lovely: A vibrant vase filled with fresh seasonal flowers, a framed photo from a fabulous trip, or a beautiful piece of pottery to corral your pens, stylus, and letter opener–all of these items can help you stay revitalized, and maybe even organized!
Forest Hills, NY
To make sure that your home office works well for you, be in touch at 917.363.9198.